Lessons: How They Work!
Courses are categorized into four levels for the student of the game:
- Level 1 is designed for the Beginner/Intermediate student
- Levels 2 & 3 are designed for the Intermediate+ student
- Level 4 is designed for the Advanced student
The word student is emphasized because to truly enjoy the full potential of bridge, one must study the many facets of the game's bidding, play and defense. We recommend that you take the Level 1 and Level 2 courses in order (101 before 102). Levels 3 and 4 may be taken in any order. We look forward to joining you on your journey as a student of the game.
The lessons are divided into the following topic areas:
- Introduction to Bridge Courses
- Modern Bidding Courses
- Bidding with Interference Courses
- Play Courses
- Defense Courses
- Slam Bidding Courses
- Deductive Reasoning & Counting Courses
Everyone learns differently, so we have created lesson Handouts, Lesson Hands and Quizzes for each lesson.
- Virtual Lessons are available to Individuals, pairs or groups via Skype. All you need is a Skype, a deck of cards & an internet connection!
- Classroom instruction on Bridge Base Online. BBO membership is free. Dates and time will be posted on PBB.
Play Lessons at Tournaments
- Play in Pair and/or Team Events and win masterpoints while you learn!
- Extensive review of hands and written notes included.